Re: Darwin 1.4 (OS X 10.1) Broken Compile, Snapshot and

От Neil Tiffin
Тема Re: Darwin 1.4 (OS X 10.1) Broken Compile, Snapshot and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 9:41 AM -0400 10/5/01, Alex Avriette wrote:
>I had a catastrophic crash on one of our webservers here and took the
>opportunity to upgrade it. Unfortunately, after the upgrade, I am unable to
>compile either 7.1.3 or the current snapshot of postgres.
>
>The error I get is rather opaque:
>
>/usr/bin/ld: -undefined error must be used when -twolevel_namespace is in
>effect
>
>This is in the final stretch of compiling, on libpq. I checked google for
>it, and came up with three header files in an MIT Apple sourcetree. So this
>strikes me as a particularly Darwinish failing. I also ran a recursive grep
>on the postgres source tree and wasnt able to find -twolevel_namespace in
>any of the Makefiles. This makes me think it is something external.
>
>Anyone have an idea as to what is causing this? This box is down until
>postgres comes back up. :-7
>
>alex

Alex,

You might check the Fink mailing list, i believe this has been talked
about but I cant remember which mail list.  But I believe Fink
installs postgresql just fine on 10.1

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fink

I might have also see the discussion on the Darwin mail list.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-development/2001/Sep/19.html

has something like:
simply add -flat_namespace to the LDFLAGS.

--
Neil
neilt@gnue.org